Monday, April 26, 2010

Irises & Calla Lilies

The weather finally cooperated and I was able to spend a couple days outside weeding, pulling out blackberry bushes and planting flowers.  Hard work, but I love it.  I have never used weed killer and never will.  Lord knows I need some vitamin D from the beautiful sunshine too.  My irises are popping up everywhere.  They have multiplied and are very crowded.  I am planning on relocating them in the fall along the picket fence my husband is building.  I also planted petunias, pansies, geraniums and impatiens in the window boxes and the flower bed.  My husband made the flower bed by attaching an antique headboard and footboard that has an awesome green patina from all the rain.  I love it!  I will show photos soon. 
Does anyone know of a natural way to get rid of morning glory?  It is strangling my hydrandeas and I swear it grows several feet over night. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Bethany!

    I am thrilled you came by to say hello because your visit sent me your way! YOU have a darling blog! So sweet, cozy and refreshing! I LOVE all your pretty china and especially your chocolate pot set!!! It's beautiful! I want to welcome you to blogland to! You will love being a part of it! Please come by often and I will do the same! Adding your blog to my sidebar!

    Have a wonderful week!

    Hugs,
    Maryjane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is AMAZINGLY SWEET!! :D

    ReplyDelete