Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Weekend at the Coast

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  My family and I stayed at the beach this weekend.  It was cloudy and drizzly the whole time until the day we left the blue sky peeked out, but thats okay it gave me a reason to stay inside most of the time and relax. ;)
We took a couple walks on the beach and my daughter was lucky enough to find some beautiful green beach glass to add to her collection.  We also went to the cute little shops and as always we had to go to the candy shop.  Okay, so I have to tell you I am a total sucker (no pun intended) for candy.  The colors, the smell and the whole nostalgia of it all gets me every time.
There was also a book at the house we stayed at that had pictures of these bathing beauties from 1922.
Aren't they adorable!?
Well, back to work tomorrow!  I hope you have a nice week! ♥

7 comments:

  1. i love being near the beach. glad you had a relaxing time. love the taffy photos and the bathing beauties, too. imagine wearing all that to the beach? scandalous! :)

    happy monday

    xo
    elyse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just wish I could go to the beach without having to TRAVEL there! ;)

    The colors of the candy are so sweet. Glad you had a good time! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you all had so much fun. You deserve a beautiful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is darling and so are you....love reading about the beach. We have corn fields here in Iowa so not too much beach goings on here. LOL
    Hugs, Amy (Mom to the Four Sisters)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure that I am not the only one that has been missing your posts. Just to let you know. Hope everything is okay. I know sometimes we get busy or need to take a break. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi!

    was just thinking of you and hoping all is well. happy new year!

    xo
    elyse

    ReplyDelete
  7. its been so long!!
    I hope and pray everything is OK!!
    xoxoox
    Keren

    ReplyDelete